Happy Self Care Day
First, let me start by saying Happy Valentine's Day! I hope today is everything you want. Chocolates, flowers, a nice dinner, whatever your heart desires. I also want to warn you that like most of the women in the world we believe that today was designed for lovers only but it's totally not all about that. Today is about romance. And just in case you don't know, you can romance yourself. Scratching your head yet? Well, I somewhat gave it away in the title. On today and pretty much any day of the year, we should practice self-care. For me, the best self-care comes with taking care of my health - inside and out, buying fresh flowers each week, burning candles daily, and taking baths as often as possible. What's cool about some of these things is that it doesn't cost much and more importantly don't require a significant other (SO) to do them. Last week I took a bath 5 days in a row. I normally take showers with an occasional bath but I felt like treating myself, so I ran myself a bath, threw in some bath bombs and wilted away for an hour. It was awesome! Today, I highly recommend that you spoil yourself. Here are some ideas how:
Want some alone time:
1. Go to work, then to a fancy lunch alone and flirt! #girlonthehunt
2. Hit the gym in your best fitness attire. Head to toe pink is ideal.
3. Take a nice relaxing bath with this bath oil or these bath bombs. Don't forget the wine.
4. Watch Netflix & Order Takeout.
Want to hang with the girls:
1. Go to work, then to a fancy lunch with a female co-worker you admire. #bossbabes
2. Go home and change into something with extra sparkles, like this dress or this one.
3. Head to a reverse happy hour and share horrible date stories.
4. Head home and clean that face. Give yourself the best damn home facial you've ever had. Try using this makeup remover, this inexpensive (and awesome) toner, and this moisturizer.
SHOP THE POST
Want to make baths a ritual? Here's how to create an in home spa.