Is it me or do we sometimes have a love hate relationship with Mondays. I love that Mondays offers us a fresh start to the work week, an opportunity to forget about last weeks failures. And look forward to the new accomplishments. On the other hand, Mondays are also dreadful. It's the beginning of the next five days of nothing but work, work, work (insert Rihanna voice). Not to mention the end of our very short lived 2-day weekend. However, there are ways to make Mondays magical, i.e. tell Monday to "get off my back"...
1. Have a morning routine - I suggest something relaxing, like meditation or a cup of hot tea.
See my morning routine here (it starts a bit earlier now, but the same).
2. Purge eMail - I do not check my email until after 10 am, after I have completed my high priority tasks. I find this extremely beneficial to my weekly accomplishment, not checking email all day constantly allows me to stay focus on the task at hand vs. jumping from email to this task, back to email and so on. Try it, and let me know what you think.
3. Make a gratitude call - Starting your week with a call to a friend or family member to tell them how much you appreciate them will not only make them smile but make you feel great. Trust me, they will love it and you will realize that they appreciate you just as much.
4. Eat well - Starting the week with a good breakfast, along with a healthy lunch and snacks throughout the day will provide you with the energy you need to make it through your Monday as well as power you through the rest of the week.
5. Plan Something Exciting - Plan something special to do midweek, like on Wednesday, I like to do a mid-day yoga class. My yoga teacher Jess is amazing, and puts me in a relax state of mind. I leave feeling like I can conquer any and everything!
What do you to make Mondays Magical?
Tell me in the comments below or Show me on Instagram with #SFmagicalMondays