Cheesy Meatball Skillet
When it comes to the weekends, I like to do things that are not work related, i.e. I like to keep it fun, light and easy. One of the ways, I keep my life easy, is utilizing quick meals. Who wants to spend hours in the kitchen (with the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas)? I surely don't. So, today, I'm sharing with you one of my favorite quick and easy recipes...Cheesy Meatball Skillet.
1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
Ingredients for the Meatballs:
1 lb. ground beef
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ cup Italian bread crumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands
- Scoop out about 1 golf ball sized meatball mixture, roll it in your hands to make meatballs
- Over medium high heat, brown the meatballs in batches until evenly browned, about 5-8 minutes
- Remove meatballs and drain on paper towels. Drain any excess oil from the skillet
- Reduce heat to medium low and pour the marinara sauce in the skillet
- Add the meatballs back to the skillet and roll them around to coat them in the marinara sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs are 165 degrees F
- Top with mozzarella cheese. If you're a cheese lover like me, add a few sprinkles more or mix it up with parmesean. Cover and simmer until cheese melts or broil at 450 degrees F for 3-5 minutes for browned cheese
- Dish and serve hot sprinkled with chopped fresh basil
Have a great weekend!
Adapted by The Cooking Jar.